During the summer months us humans need something cold, refreshing and frosty to satisfy the blazing summer heat. The Chocolate Plate has set it sights on solving that problem. Introducing EASY Chocolate Ice Cream!
For our ice cream needs we use a White Mountain Ice Cream Maker. It comes in two models, hand crank and electric. This thing is really cool and fun for the family. If you get the hand crank model make sure your kids are around to take turns cranking it! The electric model is great for one reason, you turn it on and come back to finished ice cream. So if you are in for some EASY Chocolate Ice Cream fun then follow the easy steps below and show off those chef skills!
Recipe : EASY Chocolate Ice Cream
2 – Large Egg Yolks
2oz – Sugar
.10 oz – Salt
11 oz – Sugar
30 oz – Whole Milk
18.75 oz – Heavy Cream
1 – Vanilla Bean(Optional)
1.5 oz – Cocoa Powder
Instructions : EASY Chocolate Ice Cream
- In a large mixing bowl place your egg yolks and 2 oz of sugar. Whisk together until combined.
- In a medium to large sauce pot place your salt, sugar, milk, cream and vanilla bean. Heat that until it JUST begins to boil and then remove it from the heat. (Slice vanilla bean, length-wise, in half an place in the mixture).
- Remove your vanilla bean and dump in your cocoa powder. Whisk together until combined (about 30 seconds).
- SLOWLY, pour your hot mixture over your egg/sugar mixture while whisking vigorously. Once you have pour about 1/4 of your hot mixture into your egg mixture then you can pour all the rest at once. Whisk it all together until fully combined. (The heat will cook and thicken the egg mixture to give a creamery ice cream).
- Lastly, place plastic wrap directly over the hot mixture and place it in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Finally, once you have a completely chilled EASY Chocolate Ice Cream mix then you can follow the instructions of how to make the ice cream on the White Mountain Ice Cream Maker. Top with chopped up semi-sweet chocolate chips for great flavor and looks.
- ENJOY your homemade ice cream!