Creme Brûlée is known as a dessert you pay big money for in a fancy restaurant. Not anymore! The Chocolate Plate has combined the smooth texture of a classic creme brûlée with the heart warming flavors of a S’more into our EASY Creme Brûlée – S’more Style!
If you ever thought a recipe like this was outside your skill level, think again! Here at The Chocolate Plate we have taken out all of the guessing, so put your fears aside. Check out our easy to follow steps, as well as VIDEO INSTRUCTION, to accomplish this delicious dessert!
Creme Brûlée Recipe: Makes 6
2 – Large Egg Yolks
1.25 oz – Sugar
5 oz – Heavy Cream
5 oz – Whole Milk
1.5 oz – Sugar
.5 oz – Cocoa Powder
Pinch – Salt
2 oz – Dark Chocolate
Creme Brûlée Instructions:
- In a medium-sized bowl place your egg yolks and sugar (1.25oz) and whisk together. Set aside. In large bowl, place your 2 oz of dark chocolate and set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauce pot weigh out your heavy cream, milk, sugar and salt. Heat on Medium-High until it comes to a small boil (first sign of bubbles from a boil). Remove from heat.
- Dump your cocoa powder directly into that mixture from step 2. Whisk together until combined. 1-2 minutes.
- Very gradually add the heavy cream/cocoa powder mixture to the egg yolks and sugar mixture while whisking quickly.
- Take that mixture that you just created and pour it directly over your 2 oz of dark chocolate. Let sit for 2 minutes and then whisk together until fully combined.
- Lastly, pour this mixture into 6 ramekins for baking.
- In a deep pan put all 6 of your ramekins. Add water around the ramekins. This is called a water bath. It helps the creme brûlée to cook perfectly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Then place in a refrigerator to cool fully.
Building your Creme Brûlée:
- Once your Creme Brûlée is fully cool place a thin or thick layer of caramel on top of each Creme Brûlée. Top that caramel with a dusting of sea salt.
- On top of that caramel/salt add a helping of crushed graham crackers.
- Next pipe out or scoop out a layer of marshmallow fluff on top of your caramel/salt/graham cracker layer.
- Then, with either a chef’s torch or a broiler (oven or toaster oven) toast your Creme Brûlée until the marshmallow fluff is golden brown (or to your taste).
- Finally, top with whatever you like. You could top with caramel or graham cracker crumbs. Serve right away or put away to chill and serve later.