There used to be a time when we could be rattled to life, in the midst of a boring day, by one single sound…THE ICE CREAM MAN! His soul purpose was to deliver tantalizing treats to the doorsteps of bright eyed children on the perfect summer day. Sadly, those days have grown cold. Now as adults, we hear the ice cream truck and know only one thing, small little hands will be reaching up to us for dollar bills. Adults worldwide, hear my words, IT’S OUR TIME! Introducing ORANGE’SICLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES!
For far too long, we have become old boring grownups, riding out our days as if there are no more treats for us. Now there is! Grab your cocoa, chocolate, cream cheese and orange extract….It’s time to tackle this easy recipe and bring our food dreams to life. ORANGE’SICLE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES are on the menu!
Cupcake Recipe: Makes 12 Cupcakes
Flour – 300 grams
Sugar – 254 grams
Cocoa Powder – 48 grams
Baking Powder – 10 grams
Salt – 6 grams
Milk – 240 grams
Vegetable Oil – 180 grams
Egg Yolk – 2
Orange Extract – 12 grams
Chocolate Chips – 200 grams
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk together.
- In the same bowl add the milk, vegetable oil, egg yolks and orange extract. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and stir together.
- Portion out batter into muffin/cupcake pan that is lined with cupcake liners. *Note that you will fill them up fairly high.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. This time and temperature will leave the center of the cupcake very moist. The cupcakes will “fall” in the center a little bit. Don’t worry, that is intended.
ORANGE’SICLE Cream Cheese Icing:
Cream Cheese – 8 oz
Powdered Sugar – 16 oz
Milk – .50 oz
Orange Extract – 1/2 Tsp
- In a powerful mixer(hand or standing) place all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Cream together with the paddle attachment until the mixture is soft and creamy. *This will take about 5 minutes. Start at a lower speed and as it comes together increase the speed on the mixer.
Decorate how you see fit! For mine, I split the cream cheese icing in half. To half of it, I added 3 drops of red food coloring and 3 drops of yellow food coloring. To the other half, I left white. This gave the desired effect in the pictures you see. Pipe out the cream cheese or just dollop it on with a spoon. Have fun with it!