Orange Chocolate Tart! There are a myriad of flavors to combine with chocolate but none match up like ORANGE. Dark chocolate and orange is not only a class flavor combination but also one of the most flavorful there is. Try this tart and see what you’ve been missing!
7.5 oz – Unsalted Butter
3.25 oz – Sugar
.05 oz (1/3tsp) – Salt
Zest of one whole lemon
.10 oz – Vanilla Extract
2 – Large Eggs
12.5 oz – All Purpose Flour
1. Weigh and combine the room temperature unsalted butter, sugar, salt, lemon zest and vanilla. Cream together with a stand mixer or hand mixer until fully combined.
2. Add the eggs to that mixture and mix together with the same mixer.
3. Add the flour and mix together with the same mixer until fully combined(don’t over mix).
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.
5. Once it has chilled remove it from the refrigerator and roll it to 1/8 inch thick(pretty thin but still thick enough to pick up and move.
6. Place the thin dough into your TART PAN and cut off excess. Make small holes with a fork (this helps release air so it doesn’t puff up).
7. Bake mini tarts at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
8. Remove and let cool.
Orange Chocolate Ganache:
100 grams – Semisweet Chocolate Chips
55 grams – Heavy Cream
1 Orange – Zest
1. Weigh out and place cream into a small pot.
2. Zest one whole orange and place that zest into the cream.
3. Heat on medium-high until the first signs of a boil and then remove from heat.
4. Pour heavy cream and orange zest mixture, through a small sifter(to remove the zest) onto the weighed out chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Let sit for 1 minute and then whisk together until fully combined.
4. Fill each tart shell with the ganache (as seen below).